We are always looking for motivated, qualified individuals who want to join our fast growing workforce and become a part of the dedicated Global Building Services, Inc team. We offer advancement opportunities and benefits along with job security with an established company.
We respect and appreciate all of our employees and their opinions and loyalty are valued.
Global Building Services, Inc.
Janitors and Cleaners, Except Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners
Keep buildings in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing trash. Duties may include performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs, and cleaning debris from sidewalk.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Clean and sweep parking lot.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.